Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Welcome to The Merle Reskin Project


















After an exhausting real estate hunt and Co-op application process I am finally a homeowner. Before moving into my new home I had planned on making some cosmetic changes to the apartment.
  • Hiding the cable wire in the baseboard in the living room and bedroom
  • Changing the lighting fixtures & installing dimmer switches
  • And of course, painting
I had always planned on renovating the bathroom & kitchen somewhere down the road ... but several people "warned" that doing a kitchen &/or bathroom renovation after moving in would be a HUGE mistake. So the scope of the project has changed.
  • Hide the cable wire in new crown molding
  • Install new hardwood floors though out the entire (currently parquet)
  • Renovate the kitchen -- new cabinets and new appliances
  • Re-tile the bathroom, new show & sink faucets, new lighting, new medicine cabinet & installing a shower door
  • Changing the lighting fixtures & installing dimmer switches
  • Install new window treatments
  • Possibly install new closet doors in the bedroom
  • And of course, painting
My contractor (Rocky) has scoped the project at being roughly 30 days. I know. I laughed too. But I have to say; and I don't want to jinx anything, so far so good. If it weren't for this silly Christmas thing getting in the way of my project I would feel a little more confident in meeting the 30 day count down ... none the less I'm working on a 30 day plan.

And so begins the journey of my renovation project ...


MERLE RESKIN BEFORE PICTURES


































No comments: