Thursday, December 13, 2007

She Comes In Colors ....


As someone who has always in cream or while walls ... the idea of having COLOR on my walls is exciting & terrifying all at the same time.

In all of my rush to get to the finish line, complete the renovation & move in -- I haven’t taken any time to enjoy the whole process. I had a clear moment of zen while I was painting the swatches on the wall. It was about 8pm on a Monday. All was quiet. No people, no phones, no music, no traffic. Just me painting, then standing 5 feet back to think, ‘could I live in this color?’. I had never had the opportunity to ask myself that question before … and after I pick my color it might be a very long time until I ask myself that question again. I was an awesome moment.

At the end of the day I spent about $50.00 in Benjamin Moore paint samples & I ended up not going with any of them. But I had a great time playing!

No comments: